Toil is a Numeric Loaded Keyword that modifies the cost of a card.
From the Comprehensive Rules 4.0:
When you play a card that has the toil keyword, you may reduce its twilight cost by the number specified. You do this by exerting one of your characters of the same culture as that card.
You may exert multiple characters of the same culture. Each different character you exert reduces the twilight cost by the number specified. You may exert a given character only once when playing a toil card.
List of all Cards with the Toil Keyword
- Bold and Cunning (11C71)
- Castamir of Umbar, Corsair Vandal (12R56)
- Elevated Fire (11R78)
- Gathering Strength (12U66)
- Legion of Harad (11C88)
- Poisonous Words (12R75)
- Barrage (12R82)
- Cave Troll of Moria, Savage Menace (12R85)
- Champion Orc (11C111)
- Horror of Harad (14R13)
- Storming the Ramparts (12U103)
- Undisciplined (11R141)
- Dark Powers Strengthen (11R207)
- Echo of Hooves (12C164)
- Keening Wail (11R211)
- Minas Morgul Answers (12U167)
- Úlairë Enquëa, Black Threat (12R175)
- Shadow in the East (13R180)
- The Witch-king, Captain of the Nine Riders (11R226)