Eomer, Third Marshal of Riddermark (4R267)
|Eomer, Sister-son of Theoden (4C266)||
Back to The Two Towers Index
|Eomer's Spear (4U268)|
Eomer, Third Marshal of Riddermark is one of the most powerful versions of Eomer ever released, with an almost guaranteed 9 strength with Rider's Mount (4C287) or his own steed, Firefoot (4R274). Add Éomer's Spear (4U268) to the pile and he is a very fearsome fighter indeed. He goes well in most Rohan decks, especially those that include Merry's Sword (7R242) and/or Éowyn, Lady of Ithilien (10R72). In addition, with Firefoot (4R274)'s defender bonus, he can be a two-card splash in a direct wounding deck like Rainbow Wounding, as both a capable tank and a soft counter to swarm strategies. He is often susceptible to Gríma, Wormtongue (4R154), as he needs to bear possessions to work well. Additionally, like any single tank, he's vulnerable to Isengard or Sauron conditions like Weary (4C212) or Desperate Defense of the Ring (1R244).
His price reduction puts him right at the starting Fellowship sweet spot of 2. Starting him with Éowyn, Lady of Ithilien (10R72) is popular in Movie Block, and he can work with any version of Eowyn and many versions of Theoden.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Direct wounding from cards like Merry's Sword (7R242) or Legolas, Greenleaf (1R50), to set him up for strength boosts.
- Defender bonuses, since his gametext counts wounds on all of the minions in his skirmish.
- Any and all Rohan Mounts that exert minions in a skirmish, especially Firefoot (4R274)
- Haleth, Son of Hama (15U128) to protect his mount.
- Éomer's Spear (4U268) can often guarantee a kill on a wounded minion.
- Minions that exert themselves, such as Tower Assassin (2R93) and Elite Crossbowmen (4R150), or cards that exert minions as a cost, like Under the Watching Eye (1C281) or Toil cards
- Most Enduring minions and other minions with similar "berserker" abilities, like Berserk Savage (5R46)
- Possession hate like Gríma, Wormtongue (4R154) or Corsair Marauder (8R57)
- Orc Slaughterer (10R95)
- High-strength minions with 1 vitality, particularly Dunland minions like Hillman Rabble (4U24)
- Úlairë Enquëa, Thrall of the One (10R68) and other Nazgul that heal themselves
- Not Easily Destroyed (1U220)
- Dark Swooping Shadows (10R58)
|Éomer, Sister-son of Theoden (4C266)||While you can spot a Man, Éomer’s twilight cost is -1.|
|Éomer, Rohirrim Captain (6R92)||Valiant. While you can spot a Man, Éomer’s twilight cost is –1. Skirmish: Discard 3 cards from hand to make a Man strength +2 for each wound on each minion in his or her skirmish.|
|Éomer, Skilled Tactician (7R227)||Valiant. While you can spot a Man, Éomer’s twilight cost is –1.|
|Éomer, Valiant Warchief (7P365)||Valiant. While you can spot a Man, Éomer’s twilight cost is –1.
Skirmish: If you have initiative, discard 3 cards from hand to make Éomer strength +1 for each valiant companion you spot.
|Éomer, Keeper of Oaths (8C87)||Valiant. When you play Éomer (except in your starting fellowship), you may reveal the top 10 cards of your draw deck and play all possessions revealed. Shuffle your draw deck.|
|Éomer, Guardian of the Eastmark (11U145)||While you can spot a Man, Éomer's twilight cost is –1. Each time the fellowship moves, you may exert Éomer to return a minion to its owner's hand.|
|Éomer, Eored Leader (12U112)||While you can spot a Man, Éomer’s twilight cost is –1.|
|Éomer, Heir to Meduseld (13R123)||While Éomer bears a mount, he is damage +1.|
|Éomer, Horsemaster (15R123)||Valiant. Hunter 2. (While skirmishing a non-hunter character, this character is strength +2.)|
|Éomer, Northman (17R95)||Damage +1.
While the Ring-bearer is assigned to a skirmish, Éomer is strength +3.
Maneuver: If Éomer is mounted, exert him to make him defender +1 until the end of turn.
|Éomer, Eored Captain (19P25)||Valiant.
Éomer is strength +2 for each wound on each minion he is skirmishing.
|Eomer, Forthwith Banished (0P66)||Damage +1. Valiant. While you can spot a [ROHAN] Man, Eomer's twilight cost is -1.|
|Eomer, Forthwith Banished (0D23)||Valiant. Damage +3. Fellowship: Exert Eomer to play a mount on him from your draw deck. Eomer is strength +2 for each wound on each minion he is skirmishing. At the start of your turn, you may heal a [ROHAN] ally. While you can spot a [ROHAN] man, Eomer is twilight cost -1.|
|Éomer, Forthwith Banished (0W23)|||