Gimli, Sprinter (18R1)
Back to Treachery & Deceit Index
|Run Until Found (18U2)|
This is 1 of 6 cards designed by a player for the Hunters Design-a-Card Contest, and was submitted by community member Bejarid.
In this section, describe:
- General usage
- Unorthodox or subtle usage
- Common pitfalls of using this card
In this section, describe:
- Cards and strategies this card works well with
- Cards and strategies this card works particularly well or poorly against
- Alternate cards you might consider picking instead of this one, depending on the situation, including alternate version of characters
Strengths and Weaknesses
- List friendly cards that work well with this card
- List enemy cards this card does well against
- List enemy or friendly cards to avoid playing this card with
In this section:
- Put quotes from the CRDs and Comprehensive Rules here that reference this card specifically by name
- Also put quotes if a particular rule commonly affects the outcome of a card in a subtle manner (such as quoting the Rule of 4 for Saved From the Fire (8R20) )
- Link to rules discussions on TLHH
|Gimli, Dwarf of Erebor (1U12)||Damage +1.|
|Gimli, Son of Gloin (1R13)||Damage +1.
Skirmish: Exert Gimli to make him strength +2.
|Gimli, Dwarf of the Mountain-race (2P121)||Damage +1.
Each underground site's Shadow number is -2.
|Gimli, Lockbearer (4R48)||Damage +1.
Gimli is strength +1 for each unbound Hobbit companion you can spot.
|Gimli, Unbidden Guest (4C49)||Damage +1.
Skirmish: Exert Gimli to make an unbound companion strength +1 (or +2 if that companion is Legolas).
|Gimli, Skilled Defender (5R7)||Damage +1.
Each time Gimli wins a skirmish, you may wound a minion assigned to skirmish an unbound companion.
|Gimli, Faithful Companion (7C6)||Damage +1.
While you have initiative, Gimli is strength +2.
|Gimli, Feared Axeman (7R7)||Damage +1.|
|Gimli, Counter of Foes (8C5)||Damage +1.
For each wound on Gimli, he is strength +1 and damage +1.
|Gimli, Bearer of Grudges (9R+4)||Damage +1.
While Gimli is the Ring-bearer, at the start of each skirmish involving him, add 2 burdens or 2 threats.
While Gimli is damage +X, he is resistance +X.
|Gimli, Lively Combatant (11U8)||Damage +1. Each time Gimli wins a skirmish, you may draw a card.|
|Gimli, Lord of the Glittering Caves (13R5)||Damage +1.
Gimli is strength +1 for each minion assigned to a skirmish.
Assignment: Exert Gimli and spot a lurker minion to make that minion lose lurker until the regroup phase.
|Gimli, Eager Hunter (15C5)||Damage +1. Hunter 3. (While skirmishing a non-hunter character, this character is strength +3.)|
|Gimli, Opinionated Guide (19P2)||Damage +1. Fellowship.|
|Gimli, Dwarven Delegate (0P62)||Damage +1.|
|Gimli, Dwarven Delegate (0W15)|
|Gimli, Sprinter (0W34)||Damage + 1. Hunter 1 (While skirmishing a non-hunter character, this character is strength +1.)
Each time Gimli wins a skirmish, you may add a threat to wound a minion (or wound a hunter minion twice).
|Gimli, Vengeful Naugrim (V1_3)||Damage +1.
While Gimli bears 2 items, he is strength +2.
While Gimli bears 3 items, he is damage +1.
- Add links to the wayback machine (or wiki archival links) for official Decipher articles regarding the card
- Link to decks that use this card