Aragorn's Bow (1R90)
|Aragorn, Ranger of the North (1R89)||
Back to Fellowship of the Ring Index
|Aragorn's Pipe (1U91)|
Powerful possession with an exert-to-wound ability. Direct wounding is an envied ability to target powerful minions (Such as Orthanc Champion (4R164) ), to wound minions with powerful exert-to-play abilities (Such as Úlairë Enquëa, Lieutenant of Morgul (1U231) ), or to kill low-vitality minions to prevent a swarm of minions (like Moria or Dunland). With The Sage of Elendil , it's possible to kill minions with 4 vitality, potentially making a double move viable.
Decks that feature Aragorn's Bow often prioritize healing (such as Elrond, Herald to Gil-galad (3R13) or Might of Númenor (3C43) ) as Aragorn could create a lot of exertions with his ability. Aragorn's Bow is also often seen in conjunction with other directed wounding (such as Legolas, Greenleaf (1R50) ; Rúmil, Elven Protector (1U57) , or Orophin, Lorien Bowman (1U56) ) as well as in mass archery decks, but he can also be used effectively with Maneuver wounding (such as Defend It and Hope (4C115) , Quick As May Be (4U53) , or Terrible and Evil (7R50) ) or skirmish phase wounding (such as Éowyn, Lady of Ithilien (10R72) or Power According to His Stature (1R308) ).
The direct wounding capability of Aragorn bearing Aragorn's Bow creates a natural synergy with Éomer, Third Marshal of Riddermark (4R267) and similar Rohan strategies relating to wounds (such as We Left None Alive (6C97) or Elite Rider (4C265) ). Natural synergy also exists with Gandalf and Strength of Spirit (1C85) .
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Fellowship archery reductors (Uruk-hai Armory (1C157) , Pinned Down (1C192) ), as those can't prevent Aragorn's wounds
- Minions with only 1 vitality (such as Bill Ferny, Swarthy Sneering Fellow (2R75) or Goblin Runner (1U178) )
- Minions that need to exert to trigger effects (such as Orthanc Champion (4R164) or Easterling Lieutenant (4C228) )
- Minions that have already exerted prior to archery (such as Úlairë Nelya, Third of the Nine Riders (11S222) )
- Minions that spot other minions to trigger effects (such as Uglúk, Servant of Saruman (4R176) or Moria Archer Troop (2U67) , by killing other archers or trackers to prevent spotting requirement)
- Effects that skip the archery phase (The Balrog, Durin's Bane (2C51) , Fill With Fear (2U56) , Spies of Saruman (1R140) , Hillman Horde (4R22) )
- Effects that prevent archery special actions (Isengard Warrior (3U61) , Final Strike (10U20) )
- Effects that can pay to prevent wounds (Saruman, Keeper of Isengard (3R68) , Goblin Armory (1R173) , Hides (4R19) )
- Effects that prevent wounds in general (Broad-bladed Sword (4C142) , Easterling Polearm (6U79) , Line of Defense (8C63) , High Vantage (10U44) , Pavise (11C94) )
- High vitality minions ( Isengard Warg-riders, Shelob)
- Effects that punish archers (Relentless Charge (1U223) , Cave Troll's Chain (2R53) , Malice (3U79) )
- Possession and Ranged Weapon discard (Fill With Fear (2U56) , Isengard Smith (3U60) , Stricken Dumb (2R80) , Corsair Marauder (8R57) )
|Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger's Longbow (15R56)||Bearer must be Aragorn.
He is an archer.
Archery: Add a threat to wound a minion with the lowest strength.
Fellowship Block "Super Friends" by Ringbearer
Ring-bearer: Frodo, Reluctant Adventurer (2C102)
Free Peoples Draw Deck:
- 1x Arwen, Daughter of Elrond (1R30)
- 1x Legolas, Greenleaf (1R50)
- 4x Aragorn, Heir to the White City (3R38)
- 2x Boromir, Defender of Minas Tirith (3P122)
- 1x Celeborn, Lord of Lorien (1R34)
- 3x Elrond, Lord of Rivendell (1R40)
- 3x Galadriel, Lady of Light (1R45)
- 1x Orophin, Lorien Bowman (1U56)
- 1x Rúmil, Elven Protector (1U57)
- 2x Gwemegil (1R47)
- 2x Aragorn’s Bow (1R90)
- 1x Armor (1C92)
- 1x Flaming Brand (2R32)
- 1x Horn of Boromir (3R42)
- 2x Ranger’s Sword (1U112)
- 2x Sting (1R313)
- 2x Secret Sentinels (2R20)
- 2x The Last Alliance of Elves and Men (1R49)
- 3x No Stranger to the Shadows (1U108)