Easterling Lieutenant (4C228)
|Easterling Infantry (4C227)||
Back to The Two Towers Index
|Easterling Skirmisher (4R229)|
Easterling Lieutenant (4C228) is a Raider Minion from the The Two Towers set.
!Easterling Lieutenant and Easterling Guard make up the backbone of the Easterling corruption machine. Along with Gathering to the Summons and Vision from Afar, these four cards are capable of corrupting the Ring-bearer on their own. Just 5 burdens is often seen as the tipping point for a Fellowship as this puts companions in danger of being killed by Shotgun Enquea, making this new subculture incredibly potent in Towers Standard. Easterling Lieutenant fits naturally with Gollum, Stinker, and can be replayed by Evil-smelling Fens for even greater corruption opportunity.
Because the burdening occurs when this minion is assigned to a skirmish rather than at the start of a skirmish, he is unhindered by [Rohan] mounts. If there are at least two burdens, Easterling Polearm renders him immune to wounds and practically guarantees a burden will be added if there are no Ring-bound companions capable of fighting him.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Free Peoples which have no burden removal and few ways to wound a minion before a skirmish, such as [Rohan] and Ent Fellowships
- Can be splashed in any corruption deck
- Faramir, Son of Denethor
- Ring-bound fellowships
- Direct wounding
In this section:
- Put quotes from the CRDs and Comprehensive Rules here that reference this card specifically by name
- Also put quotes if a particular rule commonly affects the outcome of a card in a subtle manner (such as quoting the Rule of 4 for Saved From the Fire (8R20) )
- Link to rules discussions on TLHH
- Add links to the wayback machine (or wiki archival links) for official Decipher articles regarding the card
- Link to decks that use this card