Pippin, Steadfast Friend (19P30)
|Merry, Resolute Friend (19P29)||
Back to Age's End Index
|Rabbit Stew (19P31)|
In this section, describe:
- General usage
- Unorthodox or subtle usage
- Common pitfalls of using this card
In this section, describe:
- Cards and strategies this card works well with
- Cards and strategies this card works particularly well or poorly against
- Alternate cards you might consider picking instead of this one, depending on the situation, including alternate version of characters
Strengths and Weaknesses
- List friendly cards that work well with this card
- List enemy cards this card does well against
- List enemy or friendly cards to avoid playing this card with
In this section:
- Put quotes from the CRDs and Comprehensive Rules here that reference this card specifically by name
- Also put quotes if a particular rule commonly affects the outcome of a card in a subtle manner (such as quoting the Rule of 4 for Saved From the Fire (8R20) )
- Link to rules discussions on TLHH
|Pippin, Friend to Frodo (1C306)||Your opponent may not discard your tales from play.|
|Pippin, Hobbit of Some Intelligence (1R307)||When you play Pippin, remove a burden or wound from a companion.|
|Pippin, Mr. Took (2C110)||Fellowship: Play Gandalf or Aragorn; his twilight cost is -2.|
|Pippin, Just a Nuisance (4R313)||Skirmish: If Pippin is not assigned to a skirmish, discard him to remove an Uruk-hai from a skirmish involving an unbound companion.|
|Pippin, Woolly-footed Rascal (4C314)||Skirmish: Add a burden to discard Pippin. Any Shadow player may remove to prevent this.|
|Pippin, Hastiest of All (6R114)||Regroup: Discard Pippin to choose a Shadow player who must wound one of his or her minions.|
|Pippin, Sworn to Service (7C323)||While you cannot spot 4 threats, Pippin is strength +1 for each threat you can spot.|
|Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver (7R324)||Skirmish: If Pippin is not assigned to a skirmish, return him to your hand to wound a roaming minion twice.|
|Pippin, Guard of Minas Tirith (8P122)||To play, spot a Man.
Skirmish: Discard 4 cards from hand to wound a minion Pippin is skirmishing twice if that minion bears a fortification.
|Pippin, Brave Decoy (11R170)||Skirmish: If Pippin is not assigned to a skirmish, spot an unbound companion who has less resistance than Pippin to have Pippin replace him or her in a skirmish.|
|Pippin, Hobbit of Some Intelligence (12R127)||When you play Pippin, remove a burden or heal a companion.|
|Pippin, The Short One (15C151)||Each follower is twilight cost –1.
Skirmish: If Pippin is skirmishing a hunter minion, exert the Ring-bearer to make Pippin strength +2.
|Pippin, In the Bloom of Health (17U109)||Add 1 to the number of Ents you can spot.
Maneuver: Discard 2 pipeweed cards from play to remove a burden.
|Pippin, Of Tuckborough (V1_53)||Skirmish: Exert Pippin to prevent a skirmishing companion from being overwhelmed unless their strength is tripled (and make them strength +1 if you can spot 3 companions with the Frodo signet).|
- Add links to the wayback machine (or wiki archival links) for official Decipher articles regarding the card
- Link to decks that use this card