Boromir, Hero of Osgiliath (11R57)
|Battle Cry (11S56)||
Back to Shadows Index
|Bow of Minas Tirith (11U58)|
Boromir, Hero of Osgiliath (11R57) is a Gondor Companion from the Shadows set.
In this section, describe:
- General usage
- Unorthodox or subtle usage
- Common pitfalls of using this card
In this section, describe:
- Cards and strategies this card works well with
- Cards and strategies this card works particularly well or poorly against
- Alternate cards you might consider picking instead of this one, depending on the situation, including alternate version of characters
Strengths and Weaknesses
- List friendly cards that work well with this card
- List enemy cards this card does well against
- List enemy or friendly cards to avoid playing this card with
In this section:
- Put quotes from the CRDs and Comprehensive Rules here that reference this card specifically by name
- Also put quotes if a particular rule commonly affects the outcome of a card in a subtle manner (such as quoting the Rule of 4 for Saved From the Fire (8R20) )
- Link to rules discussions on TLHH
|Boromir, Lord of Gondor (1R96)||Ranger.
Boromir is not overwhelmed unless his strength is tripled.
|Boromir, Son of Denethor (1U97)||Skirmish: Exert Boromir to make a Hobbit strength +3.|
|Boromir, Defender of Minas Tirith (3P122)||Ranger.|
|Boromir, Bearer of Council (9R+31)||While Boromir is the Ring-bearer, at the start of each skirmish involving him, add 3 burdens or wound him twice.
Each time Boromir wins a skirmish, discard each minion he is skirmishing.
|Boromir, Defender of Minas Tirith (12U43)||Ranger.|
|Boromir, Doomed Heir (13S62)||Boromir is resistance –1 for each lurker minion you can spot.
Skirmish: Exert Boromir to make him strength +1 for each possession he bears.
|Boromir, Proud and Noble Man (18R40)||Ranger.
When you play Boromir (except in your starting fellowship), you may play a possession with a twilight cost of 1 or less on him from your draw deck.
|Boromir, Destined Guide (19P13)||Fellowship. Ranger.
While you can spot two unbound Hobbits, Boromir’s twilight cost is –1.
Each time Boromir wins a skirmish, you may exert an unbound Hobbit to discard each minion he is skirmishing from play.
|Boromir, Steward's Heir (0P65)||Knight. Ranger. Ring-bound.|
|Boromir, Steward's Heir (0W19)|
|Boromir, Redeemed (V1_20)||Boromir is strength +2 for each minion he is skirmishing.
At the start of each assignment phase, you may exert another companion with the Aragorn signet to make Boromir defender +1 until the regroup phase.
- Add links to the wayback machine (or wiki archival links) for official Decipher articles regarding the card
- Link to decks that use this card