The Witch-king, Lord of the Nazgul (2R85)
|Ulaire Nelya, Ringwraith in Twilight (2R84)||
Back to Mines of Moria Index
The Witch-king, Lord of the Nazgul (2R85) is a Ringwraith Minion from the Mines of Moria set.
In this section, describe:
- General usage
- Unorthodox or subtle usage
- Common pitfalls of using this card
In this section, describe:
- Cards and strategies this card works well with
- Cards and strategies this card works particularly well or poorly against
- Alternate cards you might consider picking instead of this one, depending on the situation, including alternate version of characters
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Fell Beast (6U83) , Shadowy Mount (12R171) , His Terrible Servants (2R77) , Not Easily Destroyed (1U220)
- List enemy cards this card does well against
- List enemy or friendly cards to avoid playing this card with
In this section:
- Put quotes from the CRDs and Comprehensive Rules here that reference this card specifically by name
- Also put quotes if a particular rule commonly affects the outcome of a card in a subtle manner (such as quoting the Rule of 4 for Saved From the Fire (8R20) )
- Link to rules discussions on TLHH
|The Witch-king, Lord of Angmar (1R237)||Fierce.
For each other Nazgûl you can spot, The Witch-king is strength +2.
|The Witch-king, Deathless Lord (6P122)||Fierce. Each time a companion is killed in a skirmish involving a Nazgûl, wound an ally twice or exert a companion.|
|The Witch-king, Morgul King (7R221)||Fierce.
When you play The Witch-king, you may remove a threat to take a card into hand from your discard pile.
The Ring-bearer cannot take threat wounds.
|The Witch-king, Black Captain (8R84)||Enduring.
Each Man skirmishing The Witch-king loses all strength bonuses from weapons.
|The Witch-king, Captain of the Nine Riders (11R226)||Fierce. Toil 2. (For each character you exert when playing this, its twilight cost is –2.) Muster. (At the start of the regroup phase, you may discard a card from hand to draw a card.)|
|The Witch-king, Black Lord (12R183)||Fierce.
The Witch-king is twilight cost –1 for each wound on the Ring-bearer.
Each time a companion is played, you may reveal this card from hand to exert the Ring-bearer.
|The Witch-king, Conqueror of Arthedain (17R144)||Fierce.
Each time the Witch-king wins a fierce skirmish, you may exert a companion for each companion you can spot over 4.
|The Witch-king, Dark Lord (19P40)||Fierce.
Skirmish: Discard a Nazgûl from hand to make The Witch-king strength +1 (or strength +2 if you can spot that discarded Nazgûl).
|The Witch-king, Conqueror of Arthedain (0W37)||Fierce.
When you play the Witch-king, you may spot an exhausted companion to add 2 threats.
Each time the Witch-king wins a skirmish, you may remove a threat to exert a companion for each companion over 4.
- Add links to the wayback machine (or wiki archival links) for official Decipher articles regarding the card
- Link to decks that use this card