The Witch-king, Black Lord (12R183)
Back to Black Rider Index
|The Witch-king's Beast, Fell Creature (12U184)|
The Witch-king, Black Lord (12R183) is a Ringwraith Minion from the Black Rider set.
In this section, describe:
- General usage
- Unorthodox or subtle usage
- Common pitfalls of using this card
In this section, describe:
- Cards and strategies this card works well with
- Cards and strategies this card works particularly well or poorly against
- Alternate cards you might consider picking instead of this one, depending on the situation, including alternate version of characters
Strengths and Weaknesses
- List friendly cards that work well with this card
- List enemy cards this card does well against
- List enemy or friendly cards to avoid playing this card with
If you have multiple copies of this card in your hand (or if multiple players have copies of this card in their hands in a multiplayer game), each copy can be revealed when a single companion is played.
|The Witch-king, Lord of Angmar (1R237)||Fierce.
For each other Nazgûl you can spot, The Witch-king is strength +2.
|The Witch-king, Lord of the Nazgul (2R85)||Twilight.
Return to Its Master may not be played.
Each time The Witch-king wins a skirmish, you may exert him to wound the Ring-bearer twice.
|The Witch-king, Deathless Lord (6P122)||Fierce. Each time a companion is killed in a skirmish involving a Nazgûl, wound an ally twice or exert a companion.|
|The Witch-king, Morgul King (7R221)||Fierce.
When you play The Witch-king, you may remove a threat to take a card into hand from your discard pile.
The Ring-bearer cannot take threat wounds.
|The Witch-king, Black Captain (8R84)||Enduring.
Each Man skirmishing The Witch-king loses all strength bonuses from weapons.
|The Witch-king, Captain of the Nine Riders (11R226)||Fierce. Toil 2. (For each character you exert when playing this, its twilight cost is –2.) Muster. (At the start of the regroup phase, you may discard a card from hand to draw a card.)|
|The Witch-king, Conqueror of Arthedain (17R144)||Fierce.
Each time the Witch-king wins a fierce skirmish, you may exert a companion for each companion you can spot over 4.
|The Witch-king, Dark Lord (19P40)||Fierce.
Skirmish: Discard a Nazgûl from hand to make The Witch-king strength +1 (or strength +2 if you can spot that discarded Nazgûl).
|The Witch-king, Conqueror of Arthedain (0W37)||Fierce.
When you play the Witch-king, you may spot an exhausted companion to add 2 threats.
Each time the Witch-king wins a skirmish, you may remove a threat to exert a companion for each companion over 4.
- Add links to the wayback machine (or wiki archival links) for official Decipher articles regarding the card
- Link to decks that use this card