Too Great and Terrible (3R85)
From LOTR-TCG Wiki
|They Will Never Stop Hunting You (3C84)||
Back to Realms of the Elf-Lords Index
|Ulaire Otsea, Ringwraith in Twilight (3U86)|
Too Great and Terrible (3R85) is a Ringwraith Event from the Realms of the Elf-Lords set.
Too Great and Terrible is the strongest Gandalf counter available. With its ability to wound or even kill Gandalf or otherwise clear your opponent's hand of pesky Gandalf events, Too Great and Terrible lacks one thing: the ability to recur it. Nevertheless, it still was the strongest counter to Gandalf in Fellowship Block and beyond.
With the release of Black Rider, Too Great and Terrible got a recursion method. Úlairë Toldëa, Black Shadow (12U180) gave Too Great and Terrible a boost, making it one of the most potent Gandalf counters in Expanded (Format).
In this section, describe:
- Cards and strategies this card works well with
- Cards and strategies this card works particularly well or poorly against
- Alternate cards you might consider picking instead of this one, depending on the situation, including alternate version of characters
Strengths and Weaknesses
- List friendly cards that work well with this card
- List enemy cards this card does well against
- List enemy or friendly cards to avoid playing this card with
In this section:
- Put quotes from the CRDs and Comprehensive Rules here that reference this card specifically by name
- Also put quotes if a particular rule commonly affects the outcome of a card in a subtle manner (such as quoting the Rule of 4 for Saved From the Fire (8R20) )
- Link to rules discussions on TLHH
- Add links to the wayback machine (or wiki archival links) for official Decipher articles regarding the card
- Link to decks that use this card