Merry, Of Buckland (V1 52)
From LOTR-TCG Wiki
|Griffo Boffin, Uncouth Fellow (V1_51)||
Back to Shadow of the Past/Index
|Pippin, Of Tuckborough (V1_53)|
Merry, Of Buckland (V1 52) is a Companion from the Shadow of the Past fan set by the Player's Council.
In this section, describe:
- General usage
- Unorthodox or devious usage
- Common pitfalls of using this card
In this section, describe:
- Cards and strategies this works well with
- Cards and strategies this works particularly well or poorly against
- Alternatives that you might use instead of this card
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Add friendly cards that work well with this card
- Add enemy cards this card does well against
- Add enemy or friendly cards to avoid playing this card with
- Put quotes from the CRDs and Comprehensive Rules here that reference this card specifically by name
- Also put quotes if a particular rule commonly affects the outcome of a card in a subtle manner (such as quoting the Rule of 4 for Saved From the Fire (8R20) )
- Link to rules discussions on TLHH.
- Decklists or links to decks that use this card.
|Merry, Friend to Sam (1R302)||Skirmish: If Merry is not assigned to a skirmish, exert him twice to add his strength to another companion.|
|Merry, From O'er the Brandywine (1C303)||While Merry bears a weapon, he is strength +2.|
|Merry, Horticulturalist (2C104)||Fellowship: Exert Merry to play Farmer Maggot from your draw deck.|
|Merry, Learned Guide (4C310)||Skirmish: Exert the Ring-bearer to discard Merry. Any Shadow player may remove to prevent this.|
|Merry, Unquenchable Hobbit (4R311)||Skirmish: If Merry is not assigned to a skirmish, discard him to remove a Orc from a skirmish involving an unbound companion.|
|Merry, Impatient Hobbit (6R113)||Regroup: Discard Merry to heal a companion.|
|Merry, Rohirrim Squire (7C320)||Skirmish: If you cannot spot 3 threats, add a threat to make Merry strength +2.|
|Merry, Swordthain (7R321)||Skirmish: If Merry is not assigned to a skirmish, return him to your hand to play up to 2 possessions from your discard pile.|
|Merry, Noble Warrior (8P121)||To play, spot a companion.
Skirmish: Discard 4 cards from hand to make Merry strength +2 for each companion you spot.
|Merry, Loyal Companion (11C168)||For each other unbound companion assigned to a skirmish, Merry is strength +2.|
|Merry, The Tall One (15C149)||While Merry bears a follower, he is strength +2.
Skirmish:If Merry is skirmishing a hunter minion, add a threat to make Merry strength +2.
|Merry, In the Bloom of Health (17U107)||Add 1 to the number of Ents you can spot.
Regroup:</br> Exert Merry to place a pipeweed from your discard pile beneath your draw deck.
|Merry, Resolute Friend (19P29)||Fellowship.
Skirmish: If Merry is not assigned to a skirmish, take 2 cards from your discard pile and remove them from the game to make a companion strength +2.
|Merry, Of Buckland (V1_52)||Assignment: Exert Merry 3 times to prevent a minion from being assigned to a skirmish until the regroup phase. The Shadow player may exhaust that minion to prevent this.|
- Add links to the wayback machine (or wiki archival links) for official Decipher articles regarding the card
- Link to decks that use this card