Gloin, Son of Groin (15R6)
|Gimli, Eager Hunter (15C5)||
Back to The Hunters Index
|Heavy Axe (15U7)|
Gloin, Son of Groin (15R6) is one of the most widely-used Dwarves in the Standard and Expanded formats. His basic ability to remove tokens is useful when playing with Dwarven token conditions, but his first ability is the main source of his popularity. The ability to place useless or untimely drawn cards on the bottom of the deck is potent and combos well with cards like Arwen, Echo of Luthien (10U5) and searching cards like Something Slimy (15U50) and Simbelmynë (4R289) . An uncommon use of this card is using Gloin to place shadow cards back in the deck, then drop a Lost to the Goblins (1R189) bomb.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Stout and Strong (4U57) , and other similar token conditions.
- Gandalf, Returned (17R17) can give more tokens for Gloin to use.
- Arwen, Echo of Luthien (10U5)
- Lost to the Goblins (1R189)
- Still Needed (7C29) and Fleet-footed (10C10) can be recurred easily with his card drawing ability
- Mid-strength minions
- Cards that place cards on top of your deck, such as Great Cost (12C88) .
- Hand discard, which can render his first ability useless.
- Saruman's Power (1U136) , which can discard your conditions, and thus the tokens used by his second ability.
|Glóin, Friend to Thorin (2R7)||For each tale you can spot, Glóin is strength +1 (limit +4).|