Reckless Pride (7U13)
Back to Return of the King Index
|Slaked Thirsts (7U14)|
Reckless Pride (7U13) is a Dwarven Condition from the Return of the King set.
This card offers a powerful regroup ability at the cost of allowing the shadow to decide the bearer's skirmish assignments. If the bearer is strong, the shadow may assign a weak minion in order to force less powerful companions to skirmish strong minions. If the bearer is weak, the shadow may assign a minion strong enough to overwhelm the bearer. If the shadow wants to prevent the free people's player from using the regroup ability, they can either remove the condition directly, or kill/discard the bearer before the regroup phase starts. If the bearer has both high vitality (so that archery fire and skirmishes aren't enough to kill them) and high enough strength to avoid being overwhelmed, the shadow may have to accept that the free people's player will receive the benefit.
Because the benefit occurs in the regroup phase, it is most useful if the fellowship is going to move again, though there are edge cases where it could be useful even if the fellowship is not going to move again. The regroup action is also optional, so if the first move goes badly and the free people's player isn't going to move again, they can choose not to activate it, in which case the condition will stick around for their next free people's turn.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- List friendly cards that work well with this card
- List enemy cards this card does well against
- Condition removal
- Move limit reduction
- Damage bonuses
- Note that even though this condition gives an assignment action to all minions, assignment actions can only assign unassigned characters, so once one minion is assigned to the bearer, no more minions can be assigned to the skirmish using assignment actions in the same assignment phase. If there are leftover unassigned minions after the free people's player has finished assigning characters, then the shadow can assign them as usual, including to the bearer.
- If there are any fierce minions, they will also have the assignment action during the fierce assignment phase.
- Add links to the wayback machine (or wiki archival links) for official Decipher articles regarding the card
- Link to decks that use this card