Frying Pan (3C108)
|Frodo's Pipe (3U107)||
Back to Realms of the Elf-Lords Index
|Meant to Be Alone (3C109)|
Frying Pan (3C108) is a Shire Possession from the Realms of the Elf-Lords set.
It's just the best possession ever printed, bar none. The Decipher Charm in full swing, evidence of design greatness in a set already bursting at the seams with flavor and brutal utility.
I look at Frying Pan and I imagine the series of absurd decisions which led to its inception. It's a harmonious blend of Tolkien's endearing characterization, Jackson's visual storytelling prowess, and Decipher's determination to produce cards nobody expects to see, all balanced perfectly in the hand of Samwise "Better lug half my kitchen across the plains of Gorgoroth" Gamgee.
The only thing I'd want to change about this card is a slight alteration of the ability. Something like...
Skirmish: Exert bearer and make a "POING" sound to wound an Orc he or she is skirmishing.
...although I reckon most players running the Pan are adding sound effects anyways.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Nothing, as long as you're skirmishing Orcs.
In this section:
- Put quotes from the CRDs and Comprehensive Rules here that reference this card specifically by name
- Also put quotes if a particular rule commonly affects the outcome of a card in a subtle manner (such as quoting the Rule of 4 for Saved From the Fire (8R20) )
- Link to rules discussions on TLHH
- Add links to the wayback machine (or wiki archival links) for official Decipher articles regarding the card
- Link to decks that use this card