Flurry of Blows (2C5)
|Endurance of Dwarves (2U4)||
Back to Mines of Moria Index
|Fror, Gimli's Kinsman (2C6)|
Flurry of Blows (2C5) is a Dwarven Event from the Mines of Moria set.
Although at first glance Flurry of Blows seems a basic pump for Dwarves, it is actually much, much more. Compared with Their Halls of Stone (1C26) , which offers an identical base +2 with a marginally worse +4 (as opposed to +4 and damage +1), Flurry of Blows seems obviously the better choice, even given its slightly higher twilight cost. But if you keep looking, the condition for that +4 is where Flurry really takes the upper hand. Their Halls requires an underground site, which – in Fellowship block – is definitely site 5 and maybe site 4. Whereas Flurry merely asks your Dwarf be bearing 2 hand weapons ― a condition wholly in your control and possible at any site!
Flurry of Blows synergizes well with Gimli's Battle Axe (1R14) ; damage +3 is enough to take out any minion, as well another wound against Orcs, but works poorly against skirmish ability cancelling effects (such as Saruman's Snows (1C138) and Cavern Entrance (4U355) . Choke decks wanting to double move might consider Their Halls of Stone (1C26) or other pumps (Axe Strike (1C3) , or Battle Fury (1C4) ), but what kind of choke deck are you making that needs Dwarf pumps?
Strengths and Weaknesses
- List friendly cards that work well with this card
- List enemy cards this card does well against
- List enemy or friendly cards to avoid playing this card with
In this section:
- Put quotes from the CRDs and Comprehensive Rules here that reference this card specifically by name
- Also put quotes if a particular rule commonly affects the outcome of a card in a subtle manner (such as quoting the Rule of 4 for Saved From the Fire (8R20) )
- Link to rules discussions on TLHH
- Add links to the wayback machine (or wiki archival links) for official Decipher articles regarding the card
- Link to decks that use this card